|IBEW LOCAL 2034 Scholarships – 2018
The IBEW Local 2034 recognizes that post-secondary education and training provides positive career opportunities for recipients. To assist in bringing such opportunities to its members and their families, the membership has approved twenty (20) scholarships of $1,000.00 each for the pursuit of post-secondary education, technical and/or vocational training by members of IBEW 2034 or their families (spouse or dependant).
- Must be a member in good standing of the IBEW Local 2034.
- The member, their spouse or dependant must have applied or be enrolled into a full time post-secondary institution (university, college or recognized training institute).
VALUE: $1000.00. ($500.00 to be paid upon verification of enrollment and $500.00 to be paid upon verification of attending second semester).
HOW TO APPLY: Applications to be submitted in writing to the IBEW LOCAL 2034 SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE, 1563 Pembina Highway, Winnipeg, MB, R3T 2E5. The application package must contain the following:
- Applicants resume and members name and union number.
- Confirmation of application to a post-secondary institution.
- A letter on why unions are important in today’s society (minimum 250 words).