Employee short circuits secondary wire causing flash burn

Brief Description of Incident:
While disconnecting an overhead quad service the employee got his cutter between an energized hot Leg and neutral causing an arc flash to face and neck. Employee was wearing safety glasses and low voltage gloves. This is an initial incident report only.

Immediate Corrective Actions Taken:
Employee drove himself to St. Paul’s hospital and received medical aid. Incident was reported to Standby manager. Site was insured safe. Employee was driven home by co-worker. Incident was reported.